Free software that can convert images into sound.
- AudioPaint is freeware that generates sounds from pictures. The program can read JPEG, GIF and BMP files and translates each pixel position and color into frequency, amplitude and pan information. AudioPaint can therefore be considered as a massive additive synthesis tool.
- Bitmaps and Waves is a simple program that converts bitmap images to sounds, and vice versa.
- Coagula is an image synth that it is both a program for creating and manipulating images, and a program for generating sound from those images.
- GIF jam lets you enter the URL of a small GIF image, somewhere on the web. You then specify how you want the RGB (red-greed-blue) pixel values are to be used, and click on the image. Wherever you click on the image, the pixels at that point in the image will be used to generate music
- Sound 2D Warper wave files can be loaded and converted to images, then warped and saved as sounds.