The monoRAVEik MR1200 is a freeware program for Windows 98/ME/2K/XP. It lets you play and manipulate MP3s like a DJ by dragging files to the platter. The platter emulates a real SL1200 platter. You can grab it with the left mouse button and move it back and forth to effect the playback. You can wind it anticlockwise to make the track play backwards, set cue points and adjust pitch. Apart from DJing this is a useful tool for creating sound FX and loops plus it’s a portable EXE file at 150KBs.
- Platter behaves exactly like a real record deck – grab it and it stops, pull it backwards and it plays backwards.
- Platter can also emulate the jog wheel on a CD deck.
- Vinyl groove simulation for a "picture" of the track – spot those quiet bits!
- Choice of +8 or +20 pitch control, with separate fine tuning.
- Nudging and twisting emulation.
- Real instant start.
- Cue points.
- Reverse play.
- Pitch control inversion.
- Quartz lock.
- Time elapsed, remaining and total displays.
- Full mouse and keyboard control.
- Encode and import tracks from Audio CDs or records, or simply import pre-existing MP3’s.
- Analyze a file’s BPM and create an exact beat signature for TRUE beat matching.
- Play tracks on four virtual decks, all at once and all perfectly synced up.
- Automatically beat match to any external audio signal — makes tag-teaming a breeze!
- Easily loop sections of playing tracks, all live and in real time.
- Carry around hours and hours worth of music, all on your laptop; a 20GB drive will give you over 200 hours of music encoded at high quality.
- Visually set up the mix without worrying about the synchronization of the tracks, allowing you to stay focused on the mixer and not on the decks.
- Organize all your tracks into virtual Crates and Albums.
- Support for up to four stereo channels of output using any OS X audio device.
- Built to be crash proof.
- True automatic beat finding, and powerful tools to ensure perfect beat accuracy.
- MIDI sync output, so you can mix in the output of other hardware (e.g. a 303) or software (e.g. Reason) and mix in your own beats.
- Real-time waveform display, so you can see where you are in the song, when that break is coming up, when the mix is over.
- Dekstasy is Altivec Enchanced to achieve maximum performance.