Speegle uses speech synthesis technology to read the results of your search. You can choose between a female voice and either of two male voices. A drop down box allows you to select from just the title information to a more information dense summery including the URL, title and description. The search results are provided by Google. Here’s a quick description of how to use it.
- Just type in your keywords in the normal way and press enter or click search.
- Ten results are listed and read out to you in order some may be skipped as they have no content or they have been to slow to contact.
- If you want to visit a page press the corresponding number on the keyboard and it will redirect to that site.
- Press S to stop P to play and N for next ten results B to go back to the previous 10 results.
- Press A to go to the advertised site.
- Speech Synthesis Audio Samples And History a collection of interesting links exploring artificial speech in recordings and film productions. Provides links to early speech synthesis sound samples and streaming audio clips.
- Text To Speech Creator create a spoken audio file in a choice of personalities and languages.
- yRead text to speech reader freeware. Not as good as the latest products, difficult to listen to in practice, but then it is free.