The Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) has published an online guide to legal issues for USA bloggers. A compilation of FAQs provides a basic roadmap designed to help you understand your rights and, if necessary, defend your freedom. There are sections for blogger legal liability issues, bloggers as journalists and other related legal issues.
Via Podcasting News
The sites listed here cover a range of online activities involving: copyright, digital music, podcasting, radio and intellectual property.
- BBC Guide: How to avoid libel and defamation
- Chilling Effects aims to help you understand the protections that the First Amendment and intellectual property laws give to your online activities.
- Copyfight a collaborative blog focusing on intellectual property conflicts, technical architecture and innovation, the evolution of copyright, private vs. public interests in Net policy-making, lobbying and the law.
- Creative Commons devoted to expanding the range of creative work available for others to build upon and share. Open source content and copyright info including music distribution.
- DigitalConsumer.org protecting fair-use rights in the digital world.
- Don’t Buy CDs a consumer organization boycotting the recording industry.
- Downhill Battle is a non-profit organization working to end the major label monopoly and build a better, fairer music industry.
- Freeculture.org an international student movement for free culture.
- Furdlog weblog on Intellectual Property: Technology, Culture, Policy.
- Future of Music Coalition seeks to educate the media, policymakers, and the public about music/technology issues.
- Music Law Offices provides information and services relating to music business legalities.
- Public Knowledge an organization dedicated to fortifying and defending a vibrant information commons.
- RAIN daily news and commentary on the key issues involving radio and the Internet.
- Subpoena Defense Alliance a resource for individuals seeking information on how to defend themselves if their identity has been subpoenaed by a private third party seeking to enforce their copyrights on the Internet.
- Tech Law Advisor an Internet and intellectual property policy weblog.